Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday: My Journey Week 1

Wow. This hurts to post this, maybe putting it out there for everyone to see will help me stay on track this coming week! I am also making a tab for my weight loss journey, I will be posting all of these stats on that page sometime this morning, so you can all track my progress along with me.

I guess first I should post my beginning stats so that everyone knows where I started from back on Christmas:

Weight: 167 lbs
BMI: 29.53
Waist: 36 ins.

  And since I never posted EXACTLY what my goals are in this department, I should go ahead and put those out there too:

Weight: 127 lbs.
BMI: 22.49
Waist: 28 ins.

Now that that's out there, here are my stats for this week:

Weight: 165 lbs.
BMI:  29.30 
Waist: 35 ins. 

Ugh, that is depressing to see, but a good motivator to me that I need to step it up big time! I've been trying to monitor my calories(using My Fitness Pal, a website that also has a *free* iPhone app and allows you to set calorie goals, as well as track your diet and exercise)


Some of you know what has been going on with my health, for those of you that don't, I'll give the short version(there is SO much more to it, but it would take forever to explain!):

 Since about 4 months post-partum(after 2 regular cycles), I have been having some MAJOR issues, and have ended up in bed for several days every month, due to painful and extremely heavy periods. I've seen a couple doctors, and they agreed that the first step is a D & C and hysteroscopy, which was originally scheduled for February 15th(hence, my initial deadline for the first 20 lbs). I switched doctors due to some issues with the first one(which I don't want to get into on here), and they had told me with the new doctor's surgical schedule, it would most likely be March before it would be done. I got a call Monday morning though and they have scheduled me for the 21st of this month, so only a week and a half away! I am SO happy this is going to be done and taken care of, so I can get back to my life.

That being said, I don't think my 20 lbs by February 15th goal is going to be possible due to the fact that I will not be allowed to exercise for 2 weeks after the surgery. I'm working this morning on revising that goal and will let you guys all know when I figure that out. However, my NEW mini-goal is to lose 6 lbs by next Friday, when I go in. I'm gonna need some major motivation to get there, so HELP ME OUT GIRLS! Comment on here, or my Facebook, text me, call me(if you have my number) whatever you can, but PLEASE help me stick to my workouts!

1 comment:

  1. I know you just had surgery, so I'm sure it's too early, but...ummm...how's the workout?

    ReplyDelete