Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ready, Set, Go! My new routine

I spent all week trying to come up with a daily schedule that I could reasonably stick to. Like I said before, blame it on my ADHD, but if it's not written where I'm going to see it, or set as a reminder that pops up on my phone, it's not going to get done! I searched so many different sites, and got a LOT of great ideas. Finally, I have decided to stick with FLYLady. The FLY part stands for Finally Loving Yourself. Her routines are easy to follow, easy to set up, and even better-you can sign up for a FLYLady Online Calendar with Cozi. They even have an iPhone app(costs $1.99, but SO worth it to me, since I am never without my phone). For all you non-Apple addicts, there's an Android app as well, and mobile access for all other phones. This morning I sat down and got my Cozi account all set up.  Obviously, this isn't a set-in-stone schedule, it will be subject to change based on things that come up throughout the day, but this is my goal for the way I would like our days to go. I also have Basic Weekly Plan set up on there that will hopefully help me achieve my goals for my house, this blog, and my Etsy shop.

If you'd like to see my daily routines, click  here, or on the top at the top of my page. Other than those routines, here's my basic schedule I've set up for my weeks:

Monday- Errand Day. I am going to try to get most of my appointments for this day. This is also my grocery shopping day.
 
Tuesdays and Fridays- My Weekly Home Blessing Hour days(otherwise known as deep cleaning days) Tuesdays will also be my Baby Food Day, since I do my grocery shopping the day before

Wednesdays and Thursdays-so far I have nothing specific scheduled for these days, I would like to be able to focus on my projects for my Etsy shop, as well as my projects that are just for my own enjoyment/learning

Friday is our Date Night, provided we have a sitter! If not, it's an easy dinner and movie night.

Saturday is Family Fun Day, we usually relax at home, or go see friends.

Sunday afternoons, I clip and organize my coupons for the week and make my menu plan. If it's an "off" week( I make my plan my menu 2 weeks at a time) I will check the menu, and make my short list of groceries I will need that week.

Sunday evenings Rian and I sit down and have our weekly Calendar and Budget Meeting to make sure we are on the same page and working towards our goals.


I forgot to mention that I am aiming to exercise for 30 minutes every day. Hopefully within the next month I will be able to get that up to an hour a day, but for now, 30 minutes is enough for my panting, out of shape self!

Well, there you go! Hopefully you can all take something from this and maybe make some more sense of your daily life. My goal in all of this is to make me less frazzled, and make my house a happier place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment