Sunday, August 5, 2012

Getting Crafty...oh look, squirrel!

Anyone who has known me for any length of time has probably figured out 2 things about me: A) When I say I have ADHD, I mean it, and B) As much I want to be Martha Stewart, my craft attempts typically wind up looking like my toddler made them. At the moment, I have at least 6 half-way finished projects stuck in various closets in my house that at one time, I had every intention of completing, but I gave up and waited for a chance to have someone help me, and then forgot I needed to ask anyone for help. It's a vicious cycle. So I've made it a goal that while I am stuck here at home, I'm going to complete those projects, plus a few more for gifts that I'm dying to give. I'm letting this blog serve as my accountability for that, and adding them to my "official" to-do list.

I'm going to try one project a week, and hopefully have them all completed well before my little Bug makes his debut.

  • Mei-Tei Carrier(I actually started this when Little Man was a baby-maybe now I'll actually get to use it!)

  • Shopping Cart Cover(I have the fabric for 3 of these, I would like to get them all made for myself and for gifts)

  • Restaining this shadow box, thanks to instructions and supplies from my amazingly crafty friend Shana(see her handiwork over on The 3 Boy Home)


  • Finishing up my surprise gifts for some good friends-I don't want to give away the details, I will be posting pics/tutorials once they have them though. :)

In the meantime, I'll try to let everyone in on what has(and hasn't) worked for me when it comes to being a mom with ADHD, even though it still feels like 1 step forward, 2 steps back most days.

Don't forget to subscribe to my emails and check out my Facebook page for more!

1 comment:

  1. I don't have ADHD but lists help me TREMENDOUSLY!! Try making a list for every morning and make sure you add a step for the craft project you are wanting to finish. By the end of the week, you'll be done!

    ReplyDelete