Thursday, August 2, 2012

Good News!(For once)

I had my bi-weekly appointment with my regular OB this afternoon, and for once, he isn't worried! This week has been a good week as far as my contractions go, I haven't had anything major since my 3rd(or was it 4th?) trip to the hospital last Saturday. So for now, it's still just rest, rest, rest, and take the Procardia-yuck, that stuff is as evil as the Brethane I was on from 24 weeks on with Lane. Right now, the plan is to keep me on that until 36 weeks, as long as everything keeps going like this week, and then stop it and let my body do what it wants at that point. We'll have to see what my perinatologist says next week, when they will actually check my cervix length again, but for now, everything is looking good!

Even though Little Man was born at 37 weeks, he was tiny-only 5 lbs 6 oz, and we were scrambling for preemie clothes while he was in the NICU. We ended up with only a few short-sleeve onesies, as that was all we could find 2 years ago, but thankfully, Carters and Babies R Us seem to have gotten on the ball since then, because there is quite a bit more out there this time! I'm HOPING we don't need these, but I'm trying to make sure I'm prepared, since apparently I just make small babies. I was feeling pretty down yesterday, so my mom took me on a short shopping trip, and I found 3 TINY outfits that are SO cute:





Looking at them last night, I forgot how tiny preemie clothes are! I can't believe that just 2 years ago, those clothes were almost too big for Little Man. Not that he would ever listen to anyone tell him he's small, he totally thinks he's one of the Big Boys. He's growing up so fast, I can't wait to see how he is going to be as a big brother. We had to buy him firetruck pajamas last night because he was trying to put the preemie clothes on in the cart, and no amount of explaining that it's summer and HOT was deterring him. I just can't believe he's already gone from this:



To this:










I'm so anxious to get to know this little one, although I'm pretty sure he's going to be a carbon copy!




No comments:

Post a Comment