Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas is Coming...

the goose is getting fat! Sorry, that song just popped into my head as soon as I said Christmas is coming...too many years of listening to holiday music I guess! Anyway, thinking about my baby's first Christmas, and our first Christmas as a family, I'm amazed at all that has happened this year. It hasn't been easy, but we have been SO blessed.

Last Christmas, we weren't even sure I would be able to carry Lane long enough for him to survive. We were afraid to let ourselves believe we really were going to have this baby. But thanks to a lot of prayer, and a lot of bedrest, I made it to 37 weeks. And thanks to even more prayers, we were able to bring him home after a week in the NICU.

Last Christmas, we were both unemployed and wondering how on earth we were going to take care of a baby when we couldn't even support ourselves. Once again, thanks to a lot of prayer, Rian got a job a week before Lane was born, and we moved to Vegas.

I was so scared of moving here. I've never lived more than 2 hours away from home, and here I was moving to a completely different state. But now I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. This is home now, and I have made some amazing friends in the last few months who have made this feel like home.

My faith hasn't always been what it should the last few years, but looking back on all that we have gone through this year, and the miracles we have witnessed, I have no doubt that God is working in our lives in a powerful way.

I'm thinking I'm of starting the book The Power of a Praying Wife for my morning Bible time.... anyone out there want to go through it with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment