Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Holding Pattern and Fluffy Butts.

That's what I feel like we're in right now. No cerclage because it's too risky, already at the max dose of the anti-contraction meds, so we just have to wait and hope and pray.

On a happy note, the fetal fibronectin test my OB gave me yesterday(so thankful I was able to see him instead of dealing with Labor and Delivery again, I'm already tired of going there!) was NEGATIVE!!!! I know most people have never heard of this test, I guess I'm just the lucky winner that has had this test in both pregnancies. Apparently there is a protein called fetal fibronectin that acts as a "glue" for the amniotic sac and is secreted into the birth canal around two weeks before delivery. The upside of this test? If it comes back negative, they can absolutely say for sure you will not deliver in the next 10-14 days. 14 days put us past the first important milestone: 24 weeks! Obviously he needs to stay in there MUCH longer than that, but at least I know that they can at least attempt to save him after that. Right now, that's huge to me.

So, I've been on bedrest for a little over a week now, and I'm still having a hard time letting people do stuff for me and asking for help, but I'm trying. This week I've been trying to focus on the things that still need to be done, and also doing a LOT of googling. Rian calls me the queen of Google for a reason. I honestly don't know how I would have survived parenting or adulthood without this magical invention. I think I would have had to be a librarian just to have constant access to information.If you know me, you also know this is how I handle the "scary" things in life. I have to have a plan. So far, my biggest accomplishment has been finding out Happy Heinys(Check them out, they make super cute and super awesome diapers!) make PREEMIE-sized diapers!

How cute are these?!?
 We won't be able to use cloth while he's still in the NICU, pesky rules about sterile environments and all, plus I think the stress of the NICU will be enough for us to deal with without adding more diaper laundry. But I fully plan on having these washed and ready to go the day he comes home. :)

I'm also very thankful for some of the wonderful cloth-diapering mommas we have here in Vegas. After this weekend, I should have my newborn stash DONE and ready to wash and wait! I'm feeling pretty good this week about what I've accomplished even without getting out of bed!

Now if I could just find the perfect double stroller, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I'd be set. On that note, off to Google some more. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment